Tuesday, July 15, 2008

44. Alone: Day 4 - Really Tired

July Monday, 12am.

Went to the freezer. My brain, atrophied by lack of Dove, still recalls a comment about buns in the freezer.

The cucumber stash is still plentiful, but I have no buns. Not that I could see.

My bugs were in the freezer. The bugs from two days ago when I sentenced them all to a sordid and gruesome death. But no buns. Thus no cucumber sandwiches for lunch.

Cabbage soup rations are a third full, so I used that for my lunch today. No cucumbers. I also ran out of cream at work, which means no coffee for tomorrow. There is no joy in Mudville.

My search for buns, however, was not a loss. It clued me in to the fact that freezers contain things other than dead bodies. It contains food. Frozen food that were daily staples back in the days without Dove. I barely remember those days, but it did have something to do with me heating food up in ovens. And playing games. There was a lot of that.

So I found some chicken strips. I think they're old. But they were good.

I cancelled my DDR night with Thebes because Mags and Mike invited me over for games. Wouldn't you know it, Thebes was actually available for the night. Ah well.

Mike picked me up and I brought Agricola and Baileys. The Baileys were a hit. I bring Baileys everywhere I go now. I'm going to get a lot more invites if I start doing that regularly. Agricola was a hit too, but not as much as the Baileys.

When I got home, I finally got a call from you. I wasn't here. I'm sad.

I did feed the bird though. The food tray was empty, that bird sure was hungry.

You arrive in four more days. I miss my girls. Of course, that only gives me four days to clean up.

Hmmmm....

I'm running out of bleach. I sure hope that wasn't a full bottle. Is bleach expensive? I hope not.

No comments: