Sunday, July 13, 2008

42. Alone: Day 2 - Descent into barbarism

Saturday, July, 12:30am

I went to bed very late.

Quite late. And I woke up late. A lot later than what the children would normally allow.

Then it was hours of unadulterated gaming. Yes, I could do work. But I didn't.

Not wanting to be a complete unwashed anti-social recluse, I called Matt. He offered dinner and games.

So in all, I ate and played games. If a future observer wished a brief synopsis on my life and just so happened on this day to observe, he would have witnessed a very sad existence.

That, my dear wife, is my life without you.

And it gets worse.

I come home around 12am. I put Bailey's in my coffee at Matt's house, so I'm a bit tired. The magic sink continued to be broken. In fact, I think it went out and started collecting dishes.

And the compost bucket? Well, it too had friends over.

I was thoroughly disgusted. But... not undaunted.

Now in video games, if you are ever attacked by bugs, or small insects, you could hit them with your magic sword and they would be vanquished!

In real life, if you kill any animal, it stays there. Quite disconcerting especially if it happened to be a mouse in a far away corner of your house.

I don't have a magic sword. And if I did, all I would have accomplished was a lowering of its resale value.

I had bleach though. Normally not a plot device utilized by fantasy authors, but I used half the bottle. I sure hope you don't need bleach any time soon, because I wanted to make sure that those bugs were really clean.

And then, I wrapped it up in five bags of plastic bags.

And then a garbage bag.

And because I didn't want them festering in the green bin, I decided a cryogenic death was in order. So they're in the freezer experiencing a slow but not painful death. Unless I underestimated their ability to withstand subzero temperatures.

It's only day two, and already life's taken a downturn.

No comments: