Thursday, February 14, 2008

35. Song - That's The Way

Allo Dove!

As I write this, it is 12:04 am, February 14th, 2008. It's our anniversary, and instead of me being upstairs wishing you a happy anniversary, I am down on the computer preferring the cold plastic touch of the keyboard to your warm skin.

It's amazing you gave your consent when I asked you to marry me.

And so, because I am cheap and find it impractical to buy gifts which will die in a few weeks, I remade the song I sang to you when I first proposed. I originally was going to get Andrew, Randy and Mark to play... but we ran out of time. Especially since I could only record on the one night of the week you were away.

So I started doing 3 part harmony for the chorus as an echo, and then it ballooned into a pitchy, out of tune, acapella piece.

There are 8 of me singing in this song. That, in itself, chills me.

Here's to 9 wonderful years, even the frightening parts where you were really mad at me. :D

I love you.


That's The Way



MP3 Download


I met a girl her name was Keren
Her hair was blonde, and her face was red,
And I don't mean flesh tone like, I mean truly, cherry red...
So blindingly scarlet her blonde eyebrows would stick out...

(That's the way)
That's the way I love my Dove
(That's the way)
That's the way I love my Dove
(That's the way)
That's the way I love my Dove
With red face.

She has lots of hair on her arms...
Compared to my face, much more than I've ever had.
She doesn't like to wear shoes...
But when she does, her feet smells somethin bad..

(But that's the way)
That's the way I love my Dove
(That's the way)
That's the way I love my Dove
(That's the way)
That's the way I love my Dove
With no shoes.

But those feet, I'd kiss every day
And those arms, I long to embrace me
And her face, there's nothing I'd rather see,
than to see her smile!

That's the way I love my Dove
(ooooo, that's the way)
That's the way I love my Dove
(that's the way)
That's the way I love my Dove
Just as she is...
Just as she is
Just as you are



And now, I can keep myself logged in to Gmail. I constantly feared you were reading all my email as I talked about this with the band. I had been planning this for weeks. It's hard not talking about these exciting things with you because you're the person I really wanted to tell.

Thanks to the rest of you for putting up with me as I went on and on about this song I did. Of course, I guess I go on and on about all sorts of things. For instance, I can't wait for CJ7 to come out. 2008 is like movie heaven. I hope Ponyo will be released the same year in North America, but I highly doubt it. *sigh*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Errol, I've been hearing some pretty incredible songs lately over at FAWM, but this is the one that keeps playing in my head. This is absolutely astounding.